Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me...


Day Eight:


WOO! Happy 18th Birthday Emily. I can't think of a more perfect place to spend my birthday! Colin brought us to The African Queen cruise company so we can take a sunset cruise for my birthday! So we all dressed up nice, got on the cruise and would you look at that, free drinks. While we were on the cruise we saw Hippos! Finally some wildlife besides baboons! That was really cool to see those in the wild. And the sunset was incredible! I was too busy taking pictures of everyone else posing infront of it I didn't get any of myself! After the wonderful wonderful wonderful cruise we drove back to the base listening to all of Sam's favorite songs which was really special to me, so that was perfect. Then we hung out at Nigel and Colins tent swaping stories and just enjoying the evening on the gorge. It was beautiful and I will forever remember this day.
And back at home my parents baked a cake and invited my two best friends over to celebrate. Since I wasn't home to blow out the candles they let them burn and melt all over the cake. Haha. I'm sure it tasted excellent.
Yes! Tomorrow we get to go the the three star hotel and have breakfast! First time since we've been here we get to have fresh fruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment